I see those tomato plants of yours are popping off this summer. Tomatoes everywhere! Am I right? But what to do with all those beauties? Well- I’ve got just the recipe to help you use them up in a tasty (and waistline-friendly) way.
Our 5-minute fresh salsa recipe is the perfect excuse to use them all. And at 11 calories and ZERO Weight Watchers Points per serving, you better believe you’ll be having seconds!
For serving, I highly suggest whipping out some organic blue corn tortilla chips. The blue corn adds awesome color and flavor that pairs so nicely with the salsa.
This salsa recipe is pretty mild, but it’s super easy to adjust the heat to your personal tastes. If you dare, go for it – add another jalapeño or two and leave in the ribs and seeds for a lip-tingling kick. But if you’re spice-sensitive, no worries – just remove the jalapeño seeds and ribs before dicing to keep it nice and mellow.
The best part about homemade salsa is customizing that flavor profile and spice level to exactly what you love. So don’t be afraid to tweak this recipe until it’s just right – more lime juice here, a bit more cumin there. Own it and make this salsa your signature.
Speedy 5-Minute Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 1 Food processor
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ Small onion cut in quarters
- ½ Jalapeño pepper remove seeds and ribs to adjust the heat to your desired spiciness
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, onion, and jalapeño pepper together until they are a very small dice.
- Cut the stem end off of the tomatoes, and quarter them (leaving the core and seeds) and add the tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the food processor.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
- Taste, and adjust lime juice and salt if necessary.