One of the most effective ways to detox and reset your digestion is with the 21-day flaxseed cleanse. This two-ingredient cleanse is a natural way to push out unwanted gunk with no downtime.
But you may be wondering why it’s even needed, after all the body does a good job of cleansing itself – right?
Well yes and no. Here’s the thing: your intestines are constantly at work, eliminating undigested food from your system. Although it can do all this without you noticing, sometimes things get a little … backed up.
When this happens toxins can leach into the blood. Over time this toxic waste can lead to vision issues, hearing problems, diabetes, constipation, allergies, liver and kidney disease, hair loss, and of course weight gain.
This is why so many health experts recommend cleansing your colon before starting a new diet or weight loss plan. So if you’re ready to get a new spring in your step and lose a few pounds to boot, we’ll show you how to do this flaxseed cleanse in our step-by-step guide.
Cleanse Your Colon and Burn Fat with Flaxseed
As mentioned before, not everything you eat is always completely evacuated. When waste builds up in your intestines, it causes bloating, indigestion, inflammation, malabsorption issues, and (as accumulated waste impedes your metabolism) extra weight.
You could use enemas or shop-bought cleanses to detox your colon, but they only affect a small portion of it. On the other hand, eating ground flaxseed (also called linseeds) can cleanse your WHOLE colon by sweeping away mucus, waste, and parasites. And best of all, it keeps your gut flora intact.
A colon detox helps eliminate waste weighing you down, reducing bloat while slimming your body. Pair it with ultra-beneficial kefir and a healthy eating plan, and you’ve got a recipe for feeling lighter and more energetic.
What are the Benefits of Flaxseed And Kefir?
So what makes flaxseed and kefir such an incredible duo? Here are just a few of the incredible flaxseed benefits:
- Flax contains omega-3 fatty acids that balance hormones like estrogen. So it’s a great anti-carcinogenic.
- It contains a substance that regulates blood pressure and improves arterial health.
- Flax is loaded with dietary fiber – more than any other grain. This fiber combo acts as a natural detoxifier and colon cleanser.
- Studies show flaxseed oil can actually help relieve conditions like IBD and Crohn’s by soothing inflamed intestinal linings.
- Flax is full of alpha-linolenic acids, a type of omega-3 that lowers “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
- Flax even helps lower risks of breast, prostate, lung, and colon cancers.
- Helps soothe UTIs and kidney infections as well as reduce inflammation in the gut and respiratory tract
- Contains probiotics – Kefir has a wide variety of probiotics that help improve gut health and digestion.
- Boosts immunity – The probiotics may help fight infections and strengthen the immune system.
- Aids lactose digestion – The lactase enzymes in kefir help those with lactose intolerance digest dairy better.
- Anti-inflammatory effects – Compounds in kefir can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- May improve cholesterol – Kefir contains compounds that may help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Rich in nutrients – Good source of protein, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin B12 and vitamin K.
- Easy to make – Simple to brew your own kefir at home with just milk and grain
When you combine flax with probiotic-packed kefir, it’s a match made in gut health heaven! The dynamic duo cleanses the colon while the kefir replenishes the good belly bacteria.
21-Day Flaxseed Cleanse
The key to the flaxseed cleanse is sticking to it for 2-3 weeks to fully flush your system. This two-ingredient colon cleanse naturally eliminates toxins so you lose weight and burn fat fast. It regulates your cholesterol and blood sugar too.
You can find the 21-day flaxseed cleanse below:
Get yourself whole flaxseeds and a coffee grinder to pulverize them into fresh powder. Also, grab kefir or plain Greek yogurt if you can’t find kefir.
Then before breakfast, whip up this slimming combination:
Week 1: Mix 1 tbsp flax powder with 100 ml kefir
Week 2: Mix 2 tbsp flax powder with 100 ml kefir
Week 3: Mix 3 tbsp flax powder with 150 ml kefir
Drink all this before eating. The flax acts as a gentle internal broom to sweep away toxins and waste, the kefir replenishes good probiotics for gut health.
Rinse and repeat for 3 weeks to fully cleanse and de-bloat. For 3 weeks, load up on raw, cooked veggies and antioxidant-packed fruits. Get your grains, nuts, and proteins from plant sources like beans or powders (meat is tougher to digest). Drink 2 liters of water daily to flush your system.
Benefits of Eating Flax Seeds on an Empty Stomach
One of the main benefits of eating flaxseed on an empty stomach (particularly for weight loss) is all in the fiber. Eating the ground seeds before your first meal of the day makes you feel fuller and absorb less cholesterol from food.
Flax can treat constipation, high cholesterol, diabetes, kidney issues, and obesity. It sweeps waste out of your system, helping you cleanse and lose weight.
21-Day Flaxseed Cleanse- tips for storing
- It’s best to grind whole flaxseeds fresh daily and use them in the morning. This prevents the oils from going rancid.
- Already ground flax meal can be stored in the refrigerator to maximize shelf life too. Just seal it up airtight.
- No matter what, keep your flax in the fridge or freezer to protect all those healthy fats and oils. Room temp is a no go.
- When ready to use, grind up whole flaxseeds into a fine powder. If using meal, mix up what you need and consume immediately. Don’t let pre-ground sit around once exposed to air and moisture.
- Drink plenty of water when enjoying flax to aid digestion. Staying hydrated is key.
- Proper storage means your flax keeps on flexing its health and weight loss benefits.